Formed in 2005, the Henry County Tourism Bureau is a private, nonprofit state certified convention and visitors bureau. Our mission is to promote tourism growth through creative strategic marketing, promotion and development.
Link Your Business with Henry County Tourism Bureau
The Henry County Tourism Bureau is designed to increase the level of tourism in Henry County and serves as the leader of local tourism development efforts. We are a non-profit organization funded through Hotel Occupancy Tax collected by Henry County. With the competition for tourists and the dollars they spend growing more intense, additional funding is required to cover the cost of our various marketing and development activities. Without adequate promotion, meetings and convention planners, tour bus organizers and other tourists would not know what this area has to offer and would choose other destinations for their visits.
As a member of the HCTB, we make every effort and explore every opportunity to increase our members’ businesses. The Bureau welcomes suggestions or assistance from its members in making these or other methods more appropriate and effective.
Tourism meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at the various locations throughout the county at 6 p.m. If interested in attending call (309) 761-8473.
Benefit from the exposure our website has to offer, we receive an average of over 100,000 hits a year.
You would receive the following on www.visithenrycounty.com
- Enhanced business or event listing in specific business/organization category with a link to your website
- ITMS database listing for Illinois Bureau of Tourism – website and additional marketing opportunities
- Free quarterly distribution of your brochures to all Henry County Visitor Information Centers which include 15 locations including hotels, restaurants, retail stores, and chamber of commerce offices.
- Representation at all trade and travel shows
- Illinois Bureau of Tourism national advertising opportunities
- Cooperative advertising opportunities
Henry County Happenings:
- A quarterly e-mail newsletter, promoting awareness by highlighting the calendar of events and your business/organization events